Advanced Male Portrait Masterclass!
- Workshop only $1120
- Including meals and lodging $1795
This hands-on advanced workshop covers the techniques involved in creating compelling portraits. Realistic skin texture is one of the most difficult aspects of portrait painting. In this advanced portrait workshop, Dru will demonstrate his approach to painting convincing skin textures, as well as lips, eyes, facial hair, backgrounds and many other attributes that make up a well-executed realism painting.
No other airbrush workshop offers a portrait class at this level.
Class is limited to 12 and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Advanced Portraits is a single project class with a male subject
- The students will learn development of advanced skin textures, hair, and eye colors with extreme accuracy and precision
- Students proficiency at mixing and match colors perfectly, using Dru Blair's Color Buffer Method, will be tested.
You must have taken at least one Portrait workshop with Dru Blair prior to enrolling in this advanced Portrait Workshop. There will be no first-day morning lecture so you will have more time to work on your projects. You should be familiar with color matching using Dru Blair's Color Buffer Method. In-depth study of color will not be covered in this class.
Pre-purchase your in-class Iwata CM-SB airbrush at a price far below market value.
When you enroll, check the special offer checkbox Purchase your like-new, class supplied, CM-SB for $300 (A value of $507.68 purchased new)
*Class airbrushes will be $400 if added after enrollment or at class.
Need transportation to and form the airport? Sign up for our free shuttle service.
Not sure which class is right for you? Read "Help me Choose".
On-site accommodations are available:
- Picturesque rural setting on the bordering Sumter National Forest
- Private rooms with queen-sized beds and full in-suite bathrooms
- Chef's menu of home-cooked meals prepared and served daily
- Fully stocked art studio, all class materials and reference included
- Color-corrected lighting (over 120 fluorescent tubes)
- Built in air filtration system (no need for respirators)