Introduction to Oil Portraiture is brand new!
The Blair School of Art is proud to host guest instructor Martina D'Anastasio, who will be teaching you the basics of oil portraiture. Great for beginners, but all skill levels are welcome! Students will paint either a male/female portrait using a smooth cotton canvas and liquin as medium.
Students will learn:
- Different skin-color palette (pale, white, brown, black skin)
- Different types of underpainting
- How to properly set a color palette
- How to recognize skin tones on a reference/model & match the right shades
- How to paint realistic eyes, lips, nose, hair etc
- How reproduce skin texture
- How to glaze the painting
- How to select professional hues and pigments at a fair price
- How to set up a studio (lights, spaces, easels)
- Different types of canvases/boards
Type of brushes
Need transportation to and form the airport? Sign up for our free shuttle service.
Not sure which class is right for you? Read "Help me Choose".
On-site accommodations are available:
- Picturesque rural setting on the bordering Sumter National Forest
- Private rooms with queen-sized beds and full in-suite bathrooms
- Chef's menu of home-cooked meals prepared and served daily
- Fully stocked art studio, all class materials and reference included
- Color-corrected lighting (over 120 fluorescent tubes)
- Built in air filtration system (no need for respirators)