The amazing Tina Garrett comes to SC!
Dramatic Portraiture With Artist Tina Garrett
Explore the secrets of creating dramatic portraiture in this four-day workshop with ARC Associate Living Master, Tina Garrett. Each morning Tina will demonstrate from the live model in a two-day pose so artists can see how to begin and finish a portrait in the Selective Start Method. Each afternoon, students will paint as Tina closely observes and works with artists individually. Discover how to create strong compositions using design, values, chroma and edges. Learn how to costume and pose the model, and set up lighting for a successful start and a dramatic finish. Tina will offer a questions and answer session focusing on pricing your work for private commissions and PR/marketing.
Students will learn:
- Selective Start Method as described in Alla Prima by Artist and Author Richard Schmid
- Use of chroma and edges to control the viewers eye
- The power of values in creating dramatic portraiture
- How to achieve an accurate likeness in portraiture
- How to organize your palette for clean color
- Posing and lighting the model
- Pricing your commissioned work
- Understanding Facebook PR & Marketing
Skill level required - All levels acceptedClick here for a list of recommended materials
Need transportation to and form the airport? Sign up for our free shuttle service.
On-site accommodations are available:
- Picturesque rural setting on the bordering Sumter National Forest
- Private rooms with queen-sized beds and full in-suite bathrooms
- Chef's menu of home-cooked meals prepared and served daily
- model fees included
- Color-corrected lighting (over 120 fluorescent tubes) plus natural-lit studio