*It's strongly recommended for beginners to learn the basics of airbrushing and select our Foundations Day!
Painting Lawrence Alma-Tadema is brand new for 2018!
What this 5-day course is about:
This course will explore the re-creation of a beautiful Lawrence Alma Tadema work from the Golden Age of painting. Focus will be on his approach and color palette.. Dru will apply his own innovative techniques to achieve the look and aesthetic feel of the Pre-Raphaelite painting masters.
This class will utilize mixed media, including acrylic applied with brush and airbrush on a new special canvas.
The airbrush, is a perfect blending tool, and is able to quickly alter colors that have already been applied. When combined with traditional tools, the airbrush greatly extends the ability of the artist.
I don't know how to airbrush
Not a problem. We hold a Foundations Day workshop on the day before the main class, where you can learn all that you will need to complete the course.
What to expect in this workshop
- This is a 5-day guided hands-on single project class
- This workshop covers the techniques, lighting, color palettes, and approaches to painting in the style of the old masters
- Emphasis will be placed on learning to mix and match skin, hair, marble, and fabric colors perfectly through Dru's Color Theory
- Aesthetics and composition
- How to combine Airbrush with the traditional brush
- Selecting a proper canvas
New to airbrushing? Join our Foundations day!
Need transportation to and form the airport? Sign up for our free shuttle service.
Not sure which class is right for you? Read "Help me Choose".
Accommodations included with multi-day workshops:
- Picturesque rural setting on the bordering Sumter National Forest
- Private rooms with queen-sized beds and full in-suite bathrooms
- Chef's menu of home-cooked meals prepared and served daily
- Fully stocked art studio, all class materials and reference included
- Color-corrected lighting (over 120 fluorescent tubes)
- Built in air filtration system (no need for respirators)