More coming soon! ... Due in on December 12th, 2017
Includes access to over 2 hours and 30 minutes of instructional video!
This is a full workshop project from beginning to end - Just like being in the classroom with Dru teaching! You see the project as a first person viewer. The camera is positioned in front of the instructor, not over the shoulder, so you see the project develop as Dru's eyes would see it.
Choose from two project sizes 9.5 x 13.5 -or- 13.5 x 19.5 inchesWhy Dru Blair?
Just ask our former students. We have trained over 7,000 people since our airbrush school was founded 20 years ago, and we are proud to be considered the worlds best airbrush school since we opened. Almost all of the worlds best instructors train with us. We developed the airbrush techniques that are now used all over the world.
Enrollment in Dru Blair's most popular Skull & Fire workshop starts at $975 but you can get the same project and unlimited review of Dru teaching each and every step for under $270. Not only will you save hundreds of dollars, you will have the luxury of working at your own pace and in your own comfortable surroundings. You won't even need to take time off from work, book travel and lodging, or get a sitter for the kids or pets.
Our Classroom in a Box makes it easy to learn many of the techniques Dru Blair teaches in his workshops in the privacy of your own home or studio.The kit comes with all the materials you need to recreate the project as shown. All you supply is your own airbrush and air source.
As paints and tools can be reused with many projects, you may purchase this and other Classroom in a Box projects without paint or tools to reduce your costs.
Classroom in a Box makes it possible to enjoy a Dru Blair Workshop for a fraction of the cost of enrolling at his school!
Skulls are popular subject, second only to Fire. This kit has both!
Covered in this course:
- Dowel usage
- Blade usage
- How to paint in layers
- How to create bone texture
- Howe to create realistic fire
- How to create subtle translucent smoke
- How to use multiple stencils simultaneously
Even if you have taken this workshop in the past, now you have the opportunity to purchase this kit a refresher. If you have never attended a Dru Blair workshop in person, this is a great first step to gain an idea about what it is really like to be in the classroom.
While its true that nothing beats hands-on one-on-one training for learning, we realize that its not always possible to travel one of Dru's workshops. We understand that, which is why Classroom in a Box has become so important to so many in the growing community of artists that want to hone their skills and add more realism to their art
The kit includes access to a 160 minute video hosted by YouTube featuring step-by-step instruction about how to use the stencils and tools. Dru will teach you how to create realistic bone texture, brilliant vibrant fire, and colorful translucent whips of smoke; using multiple techniques with the airbrush, and included tools, Blair paper, and reference.
The reference photo is produced on a high resolution Giclée printer.
The stencil comes in 7 parts: a silhouette, positive mask for major features, a detail and texture mask, and curved smoke stencils. Also an aggressive pencil eraser, stir stick, and a dowel tool are included.
Usage rights are included with the Classroom in a box, so purchasers can paint this image again and again royalty-free. Usage rights of kit materials and videos themselves are non-transferable, and distribution of the kits, videos, and/or their content to the public is prohibited without written consent.
Some students have even sold their kit projects for more than the cost of the kit.
Included in this kit:
- 1 - 9.5 x 13.5 inches Double-sided sheet of Blair Airbrush Paper
- High-resolution, multi-use, laser-cut stencils (7 part set)
- (optional) * Double the size of the stencils and paper 13.5 x 19,5 inches / or get both sizes
- 1- 9.5 x 13.5 reference photo for use as a guide
- 6 - 1 oz bottles bottles of Createx Illustration Colors™
- (colors needed for kit - White, Sepia, Scarlet, Yellow, Cobalt Blue and Burnt Umber)
- 1 - Aggressive pencil eraser
- 1 - Dowel for texturing
- 1 - blade and handle
- 3 Empty 10 mil dropper bottles for storing your custom mixed colors
- Exclusive access to online instructional content
- Optional upgrade to 13.5" x 19.5"
- Nicely packaged to keep supplies organized - also Great for gift giving!
160 minute, step-by-step, HD quality, video. First person view - Not over-the-shoulder as in most other instructional videos.
* Video access will be granted at checkout
- Purchase one or more Classroom in a Box kits
- Create an account at checkout if you don't already have one with our store. You will be prompted to supply your email and create a password unless you have previously created an account for that email address.
- Check your email for a link to view your Classroom in a Box video(s). It will have a subject of: Blair School of Realism: Classroom in a Box - Video link, and will arrive from: Blair School of Art firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the link that is emailed to you. You will be directed when to enter your password.
Videos are for private use only and may not be shared, played for an audience, or used to conduct classes without written authorization. Violation may result in forfeiture of viewing rights to all Classroom in a Box videos.