Free shipping in the USA - Starting at $20 worldwide
Includes exclusive access to instructional video by Dru Blair!
Create a beautiful work of art!
"Stargazer" will help you understand how to create a realistic nighttime ocean scene of a star-filled sky featuring a beautifully rendered, colorful, Milky way galaxy. Through the use of our custom designed, high-resolution, stencils you will paint the "Lady Washington," a tall ship featured in the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean." set against the the beauty of the night. Freehand, blending, and stenciling techniques will be taught.
The kit includes access to online, streaming video content, that walks you step-by-step through the instructions on using the stencils and tools.
You will use multiple techniques with the airbrush, included tools, and even household chemicals* to create a realistic and convincing nighttime scene that never could have captured as perfectly with a camera.
The reference photo is produced on a high resolution Giclée printer and is a one-to-one corresponding size to the stencils and painting surface.
A two-part high-resolution stencil will be included to assist with rendering the ship.
Usage rights are included with the Classroom in a box, so purchasers can paint this image again and again royalty-free. Usage rights of kit materials and videos themselves are non-transferable, and distribution of the kits, videos, and/or their content to the public is prohibited without written consent.
Some kits are just for practice and learning techniques. This kit has been designed to help you render a fully realized painting that it ready for hanging, gift giving, or to offer for sale. Some students have even sold their kit projects for more than the cost of the kit.
Included in this kit:
- 1 - 9.5 x 13.5 inches Double-sided sheet of Blair Synthetic Airbrush Paper
- 1- 9.5 x 13.5 reference photo for use as a guide
- High-resolution, multi-use, laser-cut stencils (2 part set)
- 6 - 1 oz bottles of Createx Illustration Colors™ (colors Included with kit - Black, White, Brunt Umber, Magenta, Cobalt Blue, Yellow)
- 1 - Bristle brush - texturing tool
- 1 - Small stick to help with stencil control
- 1 - 2/3 oz Texturing liquid*
- 1 - Fine mist spray bottle
- 1 - Empty 10 ml dropper bottle to store custom color.
- Exclusive access to online instructional content
- Nicely packaged to keep supplies organized - also Great for gift giving!
Recommended skill level: Very easy - Great for beginners! This is probably the most fun kit we have offered to date and it is appropriate for all skill levels. If you thought airbrushing was too hard, this kit will change your mind!
Over one hour and ten minutes of Step-by-step, HD quality, video.
* Video access will be granted at checkout
- Purchase one or more Classroom in a Box kits
- Create an account at checkout if you don't already have one with our store. You will be prompted to supply your email and create a password unless you have previously created an account for that email address.
- Check your email for a link to view your Classroom in a Box video(s). It will have a subject of: Blair School of Realism: Classroom in a Box - Video link, and will arrive from: Blair School of Art firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the link that is emailed to you. You will be directed when to enter your password.
Videos are for private use only and may not be shared, played for an audience, or used to conduct classes without written authorization. Violation may result in forfeiture of viewing rights to all Classroom in a Box videos.*Texturing liquid: not included in shipments outside the USA due to shipping restrictions. Information on product, and other substitution ideas, will be included in your kit.