Classic Portraiture is brand new for 2016!
Dru Blair and his staff will demonstrate the techniques of painting skin tones, hair, lips, eyes, and backgrounds using modern techniques to achieve a classical style.
- Classic Portraiture is a hands-on single project class
- This workshop covers the techniques and approaches to painting in the style of the old masters
- Emphasis will be placed on learning to mix and match colors perfectly through our Color Theory
What you will learn:
• How the old Master's approached portraiture
• Color palettes
• Renaissance lighting
• Skin tones
• Illusionistic tricks of the old Masters
• How to match a color perfectly every time
• The 10 rules of Photorealism
• The three most important requirements for realistic paintings
• 21 elements of vision and how to apply them
• How to discern problems in your paintings that might otherwise have gone unnoticed
• How to develop observation techniques that allow you to expand your visual discrimination
• How to make hair look real
• Rendering facial details such as skin texture, hair, lips, and eyes with accuracy
• Split paper/frisket techniques
• Shield-reveal techniques
• Shield-conceal techniques
• Bounce method
• Eraser techniques
• Frisket vs paper
• Frisket overlap method
New to airbrushing? Join our Foundations day!
Need transportation to and form the airport? Sign up for our free shuttle service.
Not sure which class is right for you? Read "Help me Choose".
Accommodations included with multi-day workshops:
- Picturesque rural setting on the bordering Sumter National Forest
- Private rooms with queen-sized beds and full in-suite bathrooms
- Chef's menu of home-cooked meals prepared and served daily
- Fully stocked art studio, all class materials and reference included
- Color-corrected lighting (over 120 fluorescent tubes)
- Built in air filtration system (no need for respirators)