Sometimes it's just not possible to attend a workshop
Dru has designed his classroom in a box home study courses just for you. Dru is 100% committed to making his lessons the best and most informative they can be. Each Classroom in a Box walks you through project step-by-step just like being at a Dru Blair workshop.
Classroom in a Box home study courses are recorded in real time using HD video and narrated by Dru Blair himself as he walks you through your project and explains not only every mark he makes, but more importantly, why he makes those marks, as well as why he chooses to use one technique over another. Classroom in a Box home study courses: the next best thing to being there!
Realism is within your grasp!
Don't let anyone tell you you're not good enough, that you need another class first, or that realism is too hard. You can do it! No matter your current skill level, you can achieve photorealism and become a better artist. We guarantee it.
Join a workshop or purchase Classroom in a Box home study course to prove to yourself that you ready to take your art to the next level!
work of art
Command the skies with photorealistic clouds. Learn how to
paint a perfect cloud using freehand, blending, and stenciling techniques.
Covered in this course:
- Using eraser for texturing
- How to paint in layers
- Understanding the structure of clouds
- Avoiding common pitfalls
- Mixing colors
- Using proper values to add depth to your painting
- Hard and soft edges- when and why to use each
Included in this kit:
- 1 - 9.5 x 13.5 inches Double-sided sheet of Blair Airbrush Paper
- Line drawing used to create freehand mask
- optional) * Double the size of the paper 13.5 x 19,5 inches / or get both sizes
- 1- 9.5 x 13.5 reference photo for use as a guide
- 4 - 1 oz bottles of Createx Illustration Colors™
- (colors needed for kit - White, Cobalt Blue, Cerulean Blue, Black)
- 1 - Aggressive pencil eraser
- Hobby blade with a handle
- 5 Empty 10 mil dropper bottles for storing your custom mixed colors
- Exclusive access to online instructional content
- Optional upgrade to 13.5" x 19.5"
- Nicely packaged to keep supplies organized - also GREAT for gift giving!
Usage rights are included with the Classroom in a box, so purchasers can paint this image again and again, royalty-free. Usage rights of kit materials and videos themselves are non-transferable, and distribution of the kits, videos, and/or their content to the public is prohibited without written consent.
Some students have even sold their art created with the kit for more than the cost of the kit itself. For example, Alan Anderson recently sold his painting from the “Stargazer” kit for $600!
How to view the video
Video Access (granted at checkout) Includes access to over 2 hours of instructional HD quality video!
This is a full workshop project from beginning to end - Just like being in the classroom with Dru teaching! You see the project as a first-person viewer. The camera is positioned in front of the instructor, not over the shoulder, so you will see the project develop as Dru's eyes would see it.
Step 1-Purchase one or more Classroom in a Box kits
Step 2-Create an account at checkout if you don't already have one with our store. You will be prompted to supply your email and create a password unless you have previously created an account for that email address.
Step 3-Check your email for a link to view your Classroom in a Box video(s). It will have a subject of: Blair School of Realism: Classroom in a Box -Video link, and will arrive from: Blair School of Art firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4-Click on the link that is emailed to you. You will be directed when to enter your password. You will then be able to view your video online (requires internet access).
Videos are for private use only and may not be shared, played for an audience, or used to conduct classes without written authorization. Violation may result in forfeiture of viewing rights to all Classroom in a Box videos.