Painting on a real Cobra Gunship!
This is a class where students will learn how to paint on an aircraft surface from concept to finish. We will cover layout and design, types of paint, surface prep, paint weight, masking and clear coating methods (although, actual clear coating will not be completed during class). We will be painting on a Vietnam era Cobra Gunship, currently owned and operated by the Celebrate Freedom Foundation, which is a charity dedicated towards keeping at risk kids in school. The class will use a water based automotive paint.
Our helicopter is located at Columbia airport, and a shuttle will provide transportation to and from the hangar every day from the school in Blair.
Class is limited to 8 and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Open to all skill levels - no experience required.
- Basic color theory will be covered in this workshop
- Learn everything you need to know about aviation murals in 4 days
- Learn to create the most eye-catching aviation graphics possible
- Learn the types of spray equipment needed
- Class will meet at the hangar at 9:30 am
- Expect the days to end by 9:00 pm.
- Last day students will be dismissed form the airport. We recommend flights out after 5:00 pm.
Our sponsor has graciously offered to cover a portion of the workshop costs, so we are happy to offer a price reduction for this very special workshop that will benefit a great cause!
As this is an on-location class … a number of students have expressed an interest in providing their own lodging and transportation for this workshop. We are making that option available.
Workshop ONLY price has been reduced to: $595
We are still offering our all-inclusive bundle, and at an unbelievable price for an amazing opportunity!
- Your 4-day workshop
- All meals during your stay
- Lodging at the Blair School of Art
- Daily transportation to the hangar
- Free Columbia airport shuttle to/from the school (by request)
- BONUS demonstrations: in the studio - after returning from the hangar
*note the Blair School of Art is approximately 70 minutes from the airport.
Many thanks to the Celebrate Freedom Foundation organizers for making this great opportunity available to us! _______________________________________________________________________
New to airbrushing? Join our Foundations day!
Foundation day will not be required for this on-location workshop. however we will make it available the day before the workshop begins. It will be $250 and will be held at the school on March 16th.
Staying with us at the school and need transportation to and from the Columbia airport? Sign up for our free shuttle service.
Not sure which class is right for you? Read "Help me Choose".
Accommodations included with all-inclusive, multi-day workshops:
- Picturesque rural setting on the bordering Sumter National Forest
- Private rooms with queen-sized beds and full in-suite bathrooms
- Meals prepared and served daily
- All class materials and reference included
- Work in a real aircraft hangar