*It's strongly recommended for beginners to learn the basics of airbrushing and select our Foundations Day!
Perfect for airbrush beginners!
In our beginner class, we will be working on individual samples of facial features from various sources rather than a single project from beginning to end.
This is a hands-on workshop that covers a broad range of portraiture filled with studies of different facial features in a variety of subjects, both male and female, all conducted in a fun and friendly atmosphere. The lessons are presented at a relaxed pace, and broken down into easy to understand methods of painting photorealistic skin tones,skin textures, wrinkles, black hair, brunette hair, red hair, blonde hair, lips, eyes, and many other attributes that make up a convincing photorealistic portrait.The students will learn to quickly match skin, hair, and eye colors with extreme accuracy and precision through Dru Blair's Color Buffer Theory using buffered colors, transparent colors, and split buffer techniques.
All materials and reference will be supplied in our new facility, which features color corrected lighting and a state-of-the-art air filtration system. There will also be an optional Foundations class that will be held on the day before each workshop for those wanting to brush up on their airbrush control.
This workshop is non-intimidating with both the novice and veteran artist in mind.
Class is limited to 14 and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Portraits is a multi-project class that focuses on elements of a female face
- The students will learn to quickly match skin, hair, and eye colors with extreme accuracy and precision
- Emphasis will be placed on learning to mix and match colors perfectly through our Color Theory
You’ll love this workshop if:
• How to match a color perfectly every time
• Where to market and how to price your work
• The 10 rules of Photorealism
• The three most important requirements for photo-realistic paintings
• 21 elements of vision and how applying them allows you to create a photorealistic painting
• How to discern problems in your paintings that might otherwise have gone unnoticed
• How to develop observation techniques that allow you to expand your visual discrimination
• How to make hair look real
• Rendering facial details such as skin texture, hair, lips, and eyes with accuracy
• Split paper/frisket techniques
• Shield-reveal techniques
• Shield-conceal techniques
• Bounce method
• Eraser techniques
• Frisket vs paper
• Frisket overlap method
• Transferring your image
- You don't have a lot of experience painting faces
- You want to make your portraits more realistic
- You want to learn about the properties color
- You are interested in tips and tricks for skin tones
- You want to understand how to create perfect hair
- You enjoy new challenges and growth as an artist
New to airbrushing? Join our Foundations day!
Need transportation to and form the airport? Sign up for our free shuttle service.
Not sure which class is right for you? Read "Help me Choose".
- Picturesque rural setting on the bordering Sumter National Forest
- Private rooms with queen-sized beds and full in-suite bathrooms
- Chef's menu of home-cooked meals prepared and served daily
- Fully stocked art studio, all class materials and reference included
- Color-corrected lighting (over 120 fluorescent tubes)
- Built in air filtration system (no need for respirators)